Microturbine Search Engine - Global Microturbine Publications Search Engine - Power Industry - Publications On Demand - Real Time Browser Display
This Microturbine Publications search was updated real-time via Filemaker on:Microturbine Publications Contents List
Search Completed. Publication Name:
Page Number: 001
| PDF Text:|
Capstone Turbine Corporation • 21211 Nordhoff Street • Chatsworth • CA 91311 • USA Telephone: (818) 734-5300 • Fax: (818) 734-5320 • Web: www.capstoneturbine.com
Service Bulletin SB0112
Date: From: Subject:
Capstone Technical Support
C200/C1000 REVISED Long-term Storage Maintenance Requirements – Desiccant Replacement and Locked Rotor Check
All Capstone Model C200 and C1000 Series systems and engines — in storage or installed and not yet commissioned — approaching 12 months from date of shipment.
Capstone has implemented desiccant packages for the C200 engine used in the Model C200 and C1000 Series systems, as well as engines shipped as spares. The purpose of the desiccant and sealing is to reduce moisture within the engine's air space, thereby reducing risk of moisture-related “locked rotor” or “sticky bearing” condition.
Original desiccant packages have been modified to eliminate the clay desiccant pack. All desiccant material has been changed to silica gel, and the quantity of silica gel desiccant packs has been doubled from four to eight. The purpose of the change is to better maintain humidity levels within engines and systems in storage.
The desiccant must be replaced and the engine air inlet(s) and exhaust outlet(s) must be resealed no later than 12 months from factory shipment date. Capstone is updating document 440000, Standard Maintenance Schedule Work Instructions, to include two new storage maintenance requirements for C200 and C1000 Series systems, and engine spares: 1) desiccant replacement, and 2) locked rotor check at time of desiccant replacement. Performance of scheduled maintenance, including maintenance during storage, is required to maintain warranty.
1. Air inlet and exhaust outlet sealing caps and desiccant materials must be left installed and intact while system or engine is in storage.
2. Replace desiccant materials and air inlet and exhaust outlet sealing caps at 12 months.
• Order kit part number 530019-101 for C200 systems or engine spares.
• Order kit part number 530020-101 for C1000 Series systems. Order one kit for one bay, order 3 kits for C600, 4 kits for C800, 5 kits for C1000.
• Refer to document 440297, C200/C1000 Desiccant Kit Replacement Work Instructions for replacement procedures.
3. Perform locked rotor check during desiccant removal/replacement procedure.
• Order tool part number 527779-100, required for locked rotor check.
450118 Rev B (September 2013) Page 1 of 2
This information is proprietary to Capstone Turbine Corporation. Neither this document nor the information contained herein shall be copied, disclosed to others, or used for any purposes other than the specific purpose for which this document was delivered. Capstone reserves the right to change or modify without notice, the design, the product specifications, and/or the contents of this document without incurring any obligation either with respect to equipment previously sold or in the process of construction. Copy is uncontrolled; user is responsible for verifying current revision.
|Capstone Microturbines For Sale - C65 and C1000 Go to Website|
Search Engine Contact: email@example.com